Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Peaceful

I wrote this blog yesterday afternoon/evening (Tuesday 9/7) but my phone wouldn't cooperate to let me post it. Trying again with my tried and trusted desktop dynamo.  Happy Hump Day, everybody!


Sitting on my porch, in my favorite swing, watching the falling rain taper off. It didn't even rain that hard today, just a little... Just enough. I felt a few drops hit my legs and bare feet; the swing is right near the edge of the porch. I am so glad  fall is on the way in.  Supposedly, according to our friends the meteorologists, we will have a cool front at the end of this week.  I'm totally posed to be utterly exhilarated. :-)

I had a pretty good day today. Work was not too, too stressful yet I had enough things to do to keep me busy and feeling productive. When I got home, I gave Luna a bath outside. She has needed a bath... BADLY... for weeks now, I'm ashamed to say, but I have not felt like bathing my smelly girl. Just so happened, today I got home and had a flash of "want-to" so I got Luna straightaway, took her outside, and gave her the bath of her life. Haha.

Anyway, after that, I took her for a walk on her leash. I like to do that after I bathe her, to give her a chance to kind of air dry a little. Today we only walked a little bit because dark clouds were moving in and I kept hearing thunder. So now, I am in the swing and Luna is behind me, between the rocking chairs, up against the brick wall of the house. She is such a good dog. I couldn't have asked for a better canine companion.

Tomorrow at work should be okay. Nothing huge on the schedule, at least not that I know of, haha.

I'll go inside before long, get bathed and clean, and settle in with my sweet, wonderful, amazing Lena Pie for the evening. Life with Lena is very close to perfect, I'd say. We love each other very much and have declared our intentions to be together forever, wedding or no wedding. We laugh and each call the other our "Beyonce." (er... fiancee... heh) Very fitting. :-)

The rain has stopped now. Only the occasional drip from the edge of the roof. Time to take my delightful, damp dog  inside and gear down for the evening.

C'est bon!