Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Used to Live Here...

Wow. I'm sitting in PJ's in Hammond. I did; I totally lived here while I was in college. Amazing. When I'd bought my drink, I walked around the store a little bit, remembering the old and taking in the new.

I just want to come absorb myself into Hammond one Saturday soon. Great big memories in this little town. Sweet.

Tonight, I am in town to meet Carrie... it's kind of a halfway point between LaPlace and Denham Springs. She is going to give me $200 to go toward Hippie's vet treatment tomorrow. We are both praying so hard his leg is healing and won't have to be amputated. 2 weeks ago, it looked like it would've had to be. But time has passed, he has dwelt in a kennel and patiently endured... to give it some time to hopefully heal. The angle of the fracture was not one that would have benefitted from a cast or splint. We were told he needed a rod inserted into his bone marrow... and that would have cost the same as a crappy used car, which neither of us could possibly afford right now.

So we have prayed and waited, and tomorrow morning is the vet appointment where God has a great big ol' chance to shine!!! (PLEASE!!) Hanging on to faith...! :)

I want to move to Asheville, NC. I want to set a goal for that. Get my finances straight, save up some money, find a job there and GO! It will probably take a few years but I can do it if I concentrate and make it a priority. Make a list of steps. Anything is possible.

PLUS, it's another good reason not to get involved in a RELATIONSHIP!!NOT that I want one, AT ALL, but things have a way of sneaking up on us when we're not looking. Especially if we have other ambitions in mind. And by "we" of course I mean "me"... haha.........