Monday, January 19, 2009

Life in Layers

Hello. I am still in Pittsburgh, it is still freezing, and it is still snowing off and on. Were it not for the fact that I am just pretty damn happy these days, I would surely be miserable. I am, though; happy. Life is good. I miss some of my family, definitely... but I am making it. Overall there is far more to be happy about than there is to stress over. I like this new place I am, and love being here with Carrie.

So, more pictures... I love photography as a means of documenting life.

Last Thursday night, Carrie and I went to Moondog's to see the Sauce Boss! Awesome musician with a band called the Ingredients. He plays blues/rock and cooks a huge pot of gumbo as his show progresses. At the end, we all got to eat and it was GOOD, except for the shrimp and crawfish weren't peeled. But it was GOOD now, cher! Das right, yea!!



He's like a crazy twist of Justin Wilson, heh!!



Le cuisine:



Notice the unpeeled shrimp and crawfish on the napkin. Hadta let 'em cool. haha I had two bowls. The crowd was actually kind of small thandat night because it was extra icy out that night... and, because Carrie's friend Mary was working the bar that night, we got to take home a HUGE container of left over gumbo! I told Carrie we made off with the LOOT and she agreed! Yes indeed.

Ooh, but it was SOOOO cold....





Yeah they pronounce that "ying-ling." I'm actually working on one right now; they're good; kind of like Dos Equis a little.

After the show, Carrie and I went to her Baba's to stay the night and check on the kids. Here's Little D. Such a sweet girl...



Vladimir and Rocco have established a sort of understanding, I suppose. It still amazes me that Rocco just lets him chill on top there and never bites at him.



I think it's so funny the way that cats look like turkeys when they're all curled up and cleaning themselves.



And, that night, it SNOWED like crazy. Here are some pictures from out in West Deer the next day:





Here we have my amazing, boot-clad foot, nestled down in the accumulated snowflakes..



This was as far as Carrie could get her truck up the driveway the night before... and the tracks leading downhill are where I rolled two huge trash bags down to put them in the back of the truck. We had to take them to a dumpster because we had reached the legal maximum weight limit of pounds of cat shit contained in plastic bags in one household. heh...



Back at the ranch in Monroeville, Luna reclined in her 5-star accomodations as she enjoyed multiplicitous dog treats, frequently-displayed affection, and the beautiful convenience of a doggie door enabling her to shit at will. She is loving the hell out of it here and is going to be so bummed when we go back home...



And finally, here is my newly-acquired Steelers hat! Got it just in time and watched a great game Sunday... STEELERS GOIN' TO THE SUPERBOWL!!



( I miss my nephews... )