Saturday, January 31, 2009

In My Fuzzy Orange Slippers

In my fuzzy, orange slippers I sit here once again, on this loveseat with Luna lounging to my right. She looks tired and a bit homesick. I promised her we would go home soon and I would take her to see Ma-Ma. My grandmother loves Luna. When we go over there, I usually unlock the door and let Luna walk in first. She's my creative little intro, heh. Sweet puppy dog.

TODAY I went sledding in the snow for the first time in my life! It was silly fun. Carrie and I on two little plastic sleds... mine had a steering lever on each side. The slope wasn't that steep and the first time down was a little slow. Once we'd gotten the snow smoothed down a little, we were going GOOD! I told Carrie I love her and thought she was so cool because we can have little kid fun together and it's cool. Carrie rocks.

Remember this kid? The little brother on The Christmas story?



Yeah well that's how it felt in the layers and layers topped with a puffy ski jacket that I put on today! Carrie too... it was funny.



And so we went sledding. Here is Carrie:



...and here is me, heh!!



We had lots of fun and laughed almost the whole time. Carrie looked so cute. *grin*



And aw, gosh, we are so darn, freakin' cute together... hehe...



Anyway, we had a great time on the pool road behind the volunteer fire department building out here near Monroeville in Pittsburgh.

Here are some pictures of the footprints we see in the snow in the mornings in West Deer. I just got a couple of decent shots today; the variety is different every morning. This looks like some kind of cat or something, and a big deer or moose or... antelope... heh...





There is a really cool area out toward West Deer, near Blawnox, called Fox Chapel. It's a little nicer area with some cool shopping centers and stuff. Carrie and I found a Petco so we could get bird food.
While we were there, we visited the birds they have for sale and totally fell in love with a handful of conures. We've even been back to visit them when we were in the area. Our favorite two are named Mickey and Minnie and they are so friendly and sweet. If we had the $600 apiece to buy them both, we'd do it in a heartbeat.

This is what those two look like:





This little guy is named Joe Too. He's cute but pretty shy; wouldn't let me pet on him or anything and would back away as soon as I moved close to his cage. But her was a sweet little soul. Look at this cute little guy:



This was a sweet little bird. Don't remember this one's name, and it had a particularly sharp beak. Sweet though.



This other bird was my favorite besides Mickey and Minnie. This is a great picture, too. If you look, you can see white wrapped around some of the short feathers around his head. These are new feathers growing out that have not yet unfurled and are covered with wax. I really like the detail you can see in this shot.



And that is my lately. Tomorrow (well it's late now; probably now I should say, "today"...) is the superbowl, and the city of Pittsburgh is literally bug-eyed with excitement over their Steelers. Honestly - a lot of the stores I've been in have signs up saying they are closing early on Sunday for the game! Crazy. I'm looking forward to this too; I have a good feeling about the Steelers.

Sleepy... Carrie is asleep with a bunny on her shoulder. Carrie and Bugs. Too cute.