Sunday, April 17, 2011

We Are The Ones

Melissa Etheridge's lyrics changed my life and I continue to draw solace from them today. It's funny, the things people can pull hope from. I get hope from her songs. I find peace in her music. Her album "Fearless Love" emits for me a sense of "YOU CAN DO IT" and "It will all be okay."

I need that right now.

I stopped off at this CC's on the way to church, because I am extremely early, to seek escape for a minute. It's HER. I am frustrated that my stomach still knots up when she acts difficult. I hate this. At least we are apart and over, and I don't have to go home and live in the middle of all that anymore.

I am growing increasingly gunshy... or whatever the word would be... in other words, I don't feel like trusting again, anytime soon. Another relationship, for me, is a distant concept I am not rushing to attain. I'm in a state of "LEEEEEAVE ME ALOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!" and am quite contented to stay right the freak here for awhile.

Just leave me alone. Leave me alone, and let me breathe and center myself. It's going to take a good long while, so you might as well go find something else to do instead of waiting around. I will let you know when I'm ready to come out again.

Maybe.