Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cool Nights

I wish I could go back to college, live life over again, be 22 again, live somewhere far away and furrow myself a place in with an artsy, earthy, pot-smoking crowd of lesbians. Lesbians who like indie and folk music and love art. I wish I could actually just pick up my life as it is now, and drop it down right into that kind of setting. Cool nights out by group campfires encircled by lesbians with pets and acoustic instruments... guitars... hand drums... and Carrie beside me, sitting on the stump beside mine.

Life in love and loving life. Life in an RV filled with our pets as we travel the country just for the sake of enjoying it, with our home base somewhere very lesbian and cool like Asheville, NC.

Life is better with your nostrils drawing cool, clear night air and the one you love by your side. I want to go camping with Carrie. Wow. Carrie and a few friends maybe.

(Just not one particular friend. I don't trust her.)